Q. How can I learn computer skills?
Does the library hold computer workshops or classes?
We no longer offer workshops, but we are offering these resources:
Library databases and help
- an outline of concepts and terms with some exercises for learners to look over on their own
- learning paths using LinkedIn Learning for Library tutorials, available to patrons with a library card in good standing
- a "playlist" (mostly books) on O'Reilly for Public Libraries supporting computer literacy, including security and privacy; available to patrons with a library card in good standing
- Microsoft Office tutorials in the Peterson's Test and Career Prep database; go to Home → Improve Your Score → Foundational Skills and then scroll down looking for Microsoft Office tutorials
- an appointment for help with a specific skill that you need
Goodwill job training – learn core and technical skills essential to customer service-related positions in call center, office administration and information technology (IT) helpdesk positions.
Knoxville Area Urban League – provides computer workshops and job counseling, helping clients with job search tools and online applications.
PowerTyping – lessons in Qwerty and Dvorak keyboards
GCF Learn Free – lessons on computer skills
Microsoft Office Training – the basics and beyond