How do I get ebooks not listed in Libby search?
Some ebooks are listed in the catalog but I don't see them in Libby. How can I read these ebooks?
There are a variety of things to check:
- Not OverDrive? We provide access to ebooks from vendors such as Gale, Oxford, Salem, and O'Reilly. You can read those by following an access link in the catalog record. Libby is for viewing the OverDrive collection only.
- OverDrive, but not Libby compatible? There are a few OverDrive ebooks unavailable through the Libby app, but they are mostly books in PDF. We're talking about probably 200 or so ebooks with complex layout such as comics or cookbooks; they may be read in compatible apps such as Adobe Digital Editions.
- Limiting settings in Libby? Check your Libby settings and be sure that you haven't set any preferences that could be limiting what you see. For example, if you have set a preference for Kindle, then you only see Kindle format books. Or you might have set a preference for "Available Now" which would be extremely limiting on best-sellers.
- To check your preferences, first do a search.
- Above your search results, look for "+ Preferences" and tap it.
Was this helpful? 1 0
Please direct all account questions (such as library card, PIN, renewals) to Circulation.