Where can I find resources for investing?
What ratings services, newsletters, and educational materials does the library offer for investors?
There are many books treating general and specific investment topics. If you don't know the range of specific types of investing that are of interest to you, here's a trick: use the word "investing" as your keyword subject search, and then look in the filters on the left. Open the Subject filter, then select "more" to view other terms.
Periodicals at Lawson McGhee Library
Newsletters and other periodicals:
- No-Load Fund Investor
- The Chartist
- Wall Street's Best Digest
- The NBER Digest
Magazines and tabloids:
- Better Investing
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance (this is also downloadable on Flipster)
Find resources for investing on our website:
- Morningstar, Value Line, and Financial Ratings Series provide evaluations and investor education.
- Mergent Archives: Find company annual reports and industry reports.
In other resources:
- In Gale eBooks: How to Understand the Financial Pages: A Guide to Money and the Jargon by Alexander Davidson. 2nd ed., 2008. A guide to the financial media which explains the essential terms and concepts found in newspapers and magazines, financial websites, stockbrokers' research and company reports.
- OverDrive: there's a bunch of downloadable ebooks and audiobooks on investing.
- O'Reilly for Public Libraries: there's a bunch of full-text-searchable, streaming books in the Trading Stocks subtopic of Personal Finance.
EDGAR company filings – Search corporate information including registration statements, prospectuses and periodic reports filed on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Investor.gov – A guide to help you invest wisely and avoid fraud.
FINRA Disciplinary Actions Online – The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) takes disciplinary actions against firms and individuals for violations of laws, rules, and regulations. Also provides advice for avoiding fraud and finding a qualified investment professional (brokers, investment advisers and financial planners) to help you make sound investment decisions.
Please direct all account questions (such as library card, PIN, renewals) to Circulation.